Talia and Kelcee are back after their Real Life Hiatus (TM)! They discuss Comey's and Sessions' testimonies, as well as laugh-so-they-don't-cry at Trump's tweets.
This special edition of GPR features our first guest: Brook C. Obie, author of Book of Addis: Cradled Embers. Her first novel is an alternate history exploring what would have happened if one of George Washington's slaves had accidentally killed him--and started a slave revolution. We discuss how she became a writer, her political past and present, and how white women can be better allies to black women.
Talia and Kelcee dish out their commentary on the news, then dive into an overview NAFTA. What is it, what has it done, and what could it do? The answers may surprise you. Part 1 of a two-part trade deal Deep Dive. Next up: TPP!
Welcome to Trump's America, bitches! Talia and Kelcee dissect the news of the last couple of weeks, then discuss Maureen Dowd's latest book "Voting Dangerously" and the role of liberal media in Trump's election.
Start questioning everything you thought about universal suffrage!
This episode features:
- Discussion of Trump's spurning of Intelligence from Kelcee's perspective as member of the US Army
- Analysis of whether universal suffrage is a good idea--do we really want every idiot voting? Conversation revolves around the 2016 book "Against Democracy" by Jason Brennan
- An overview of the history and future of the electoral college; we are closer than we think to making it obsolete!
Talia and Kelcee's inaugural episode features:
- Introductions to the hosts
- Notable news items
- Discussion of emotions in elections
- Highlights from the Harvard campaign manager roundtable